Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'll still take my horns sawed off.... SHORT!

Well this was a stupid case anyway, but the t.u. board of regents decided to sue Aggieland Outfitters because they have shirts with a longhorn with sawed off horns. I really love the reasoning, "The mark for which registration is sought so resembles the mark shown in U.S. registration numbers ... as to be likely, when used or in connection with the identified services, to cause confusion, or to cause mistake, .... The similarities among the marks and the goods are so great as to cause a likelihood of confusion." Oh yeah, it took them TEN years to notice too.

So what this says to me is that t.u. fans are so stupid they might get confused and buy a sawed off longhorn rather than a longhorn which is the mascot of t.u. Seriously. Is Austin really the drain of Texas where all stupidity funnels to? I would hope not. But anyway, Aggieland Outfitters settled, and now they have to change the sawed off logo to this stupid looking thing with a white patch and nostrils. GAH. I'm glad I still have my nostril free t-shirt. I hope I don't confuse anyone when I wear it. :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I simply could not leave your website prior to suggesting that I extremely
loved the standard info an individual supply for your guests?
Is going to be back ceaselessly to check out new posts
Visit my website ; cash advance loan illinois