Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Funny quote

Ok, Scalpel's post here reminded me of a funny quote from when I went to get my diploma framed.

The scene: Benjamin Knox Gallery. Mr. Benjamin Knox himself is personalizing all the artwork that day. Very cool. People in front of me in line have a VERY VERY VERY large giclee of canvas thingie that is very pretty and he is getting ready to write stuff on.

BK: eyeing his artwork fondly... "Just look how pretty it is... i mean the colors just look so good. You know they print these one at a time."

Me and my friend Jessica in our heads: "HELLOOOOO IT IS YOUR PAINTING!!!! Of course it is gorgeous!"

I actually had to turn around and look away to keep from bursting out laughing. And when I got in my car 20 minutes later I couldn't stop laughing. Neither could Jessica. It really was that funny. Even if it doesn't seem that way in writing. Maybe it was one of those you had to be there moments. But I sure hope not because it was freaking funny and I want everyone to have at least a nice smile about it.

Disclaimer: I am sure Benjamin Knox is VERY nice, and he was very very nice to me when I met him. It was just funny. And maybe ironic, but I'm not sure that's the right word.

P.S. It was also funny because an older lady was TOTALLY hitting on him.
Nice lady: with a twinkle in her eye......"So, is your place always this busy, or just on graduation?"

LOVED IT!

No comments: